Thursday, September 3, 2009

Hi Prakash,
Hi Randy,
I was deeply saddened to hear about your dear friend, colleague and business partner Jeff Lackney.
Jeff was one of those particularly likeable people that you meet, and who leave a lasting impression. That was true of my experience of meeting Jeff.
I very much enjoyed working with him, and I admired his exceptional intuition and skills.
I remember vividly, taking him to Rebel Sport and helping him purchase an Australian Rules football (a "footy") for him to take home to his son Nick, who he clearly adored. As a proud father myself, I immediately recognised another extremely proud DAD.
Jeff was impressed with our game of football, and was keen to expose our game to Nick. I gave him web links for Nick to view.
Consequently, I would like you to pass on to Nick that if ever in his lifetime he comes to Melbourne, Australia, I would be extremely delighted for him to make contact, and I will take him to one of our footy games in honour of his dad. Please pass on my offer to Nick.
We haven't kept in touch, which is unfortunate, but I do have fond memories of working with the "three musketeers" and I hope we can resurrect our relationship in the future.
Nonetheless, I remain deeply saddened by the tragic death of Jeff Lackney and I pass on my fondest regards to Jeff's family and to you both.
I look forward to catching up with you in the future.
A very sad,

John Patrick
patrickarchitects

No comments:

Post a Comment