Thursday, September 3, 2009

TO JEFF:
My dear friend, I only had a few times to meet you (in Spain), but that was enough to understand easily what a good man you have been.
I remember you and I visiting the University-City of Madrid, when we acceded to the roof of the Faculty of Law, in order to have a panoramic view. I also remember our conversation over there, wondering about the traces of the American Campus model that you identified in the arrangement of buildings and spaces, seeing them from that tall point of view…
A few months later, I was happy to have the excellent prologue which you kindly wrote for me, which was published in my book “Campus-Madrid”.
My dear Jeff: my pain of missing you is strong. I hope that from where you are now, you keep on inspiring all of us to learn from your professional wisdom, and –overall- from you fascinating personal virtues.
With all my love
Pablo Campos Calvo-Sotelo
PhD Architect
University Campus Planning & Design

No comments:

Post a Comment